To make room for winter coats and gear, Care for Real will not accept any clothing donations between Sept. 15 – Nov. 30, 2022. Please visit our Donate Items page to learn about what in-kind donations we are currently accepting.
Opportunities to Support Care for Real this Holiday Season
Make holidays happier at Care for Real through these special seasonal opportunities to support!
- FairTrade Caravans Holiday Shop: Now through Dec. 5, FairTrade Caravans will donate 25% of all sales through Care for Real’s page on their site. Not only does this effort support fair trade artisans, it also supports Care for Real! Their holiday section is full of festive goods!
- Holiday Collection Drive: Care for Real is partnering with Play Toys & Books in Andersonville to collect children’s books to distribute this holiday season. Supporters can visit Play on Clark to purchase books to donate. We are also requesting $20 Target Gift Cards to distribute to families to help with their holiday shopping. Donations can be donated between now and Dec. 9.
- Giving Tuesday: There are many ways to support Care for Real on Giving Tuesday, taking place on Tuesday, Nov. 29.
- Make a financial donation on Care for Real’s special donation page for November that is focused on fueling the Food Rescue Program.
- Collect high-needed items including diapers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, etc. Learn more at careforreal.org/wishlist.
- Support the local community while also supporting Care for Real on Giving Tuesday on 11/29! Uvae’s Fromagerie & Tasting Room will request $5 donations for CfR to participate in their wine tasting from 6-8pm. Edgewater Candles will donate 10% of its online sales. Blaze Pizza, at 6550 N Sheridan Rd, will donate 20% of sales between 1-8pm. Let them know you’re coming and rsvp here. You can participate by dining in, taking out, delivery and pick up with mention of supporting Care for Real. Third-party delivery apps do not qualify.
- Year-End Giving: Make a tax-deductible gift before December 31 to help Care for Real continue distributing much-needed food through 2023.
However you choose to support Care for Real during the holidays, know that you will help us feed more neighbors in need of our assistance.
50 Years of Caring
Through locations in Edgewater and Rogers Park, Care for Real (CfR) provides food, clothing, referral, and additional services with compassion to improve the health and well-being of low-income residents to foster a stronger, healthier, equitable, and more stable community.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Care for Real relies on the support of more than 550 volunteers to help distribute food six days a week to thousands of neighbors facing food insecurity each year.
“Every time I’m at CfR, it’s easily the best part of my week.” – Care for Real Volunteer
Visit Our Food Pantries
Care for Real distributes food six days a week. Care for Real serves neighbors residing in the 60640, 60660, 60626, 60659, and 60645 zip codes.
Please note that Care for Real will not be distributing food over the Thanksgiving holiday between November 24-26. We will reopen on Monday, November 28 for food distribution from 4-7pm.
CfR Swag Shop
Shop our CfR Swag Shop through Tee Mart Decorated Apparel! A portion of each sale will be donated to Care for Real. Shop to donate today and get your CfR tie dye tees, fanny packs, track jackets, and more!
Catch up on CfR news!