The Warehouse Associate works as a team member to assist in maintaining the pantry and warehouse by ensuring food is properly handled, stock is maintained, and the Care for Real environment is clean and safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly inspect and clean the food pantry, warehouse and bathrooms and replenish needed stock
- Continually review pantry and warehouse guidelines to ensure the environments meet compliance
- Actively maintain inventory control using First in, First Out policy and ensure the pantry is stocked for distribution
- Act as immediate contact to all donors arriving to drop off food and clothing donations. Assist with entry of donations for email of receipts to donors
- Work with Volunteering Staff to assist in organizing, scheduling, training, and helping to direct volunteers for pantry or warehouse work
- Provide assistance with the pickup and delivery of food as needed
- Communicate and remove any damage to or depletion of items from floor, cooler, or freezer areas
- Check quality of food donated, repackage as needed
- Prepare recycling and garbage; dispose as necessary
- Follow and implement food safety and inventory protocols
- Assist with maintaining an effective pest control program
- Maintain the pantry according to health codes keeping the warehouse clean and organized; inform the appropriate people of any issues concerning compliance
- Assist in the cleaning, and inspection of equipment to ensure it is running efficiently and meets health requirements
- Participate in working on all aspects of special food distributions and drives including EID Baskets, school supplies, Thanksgiving, Annual Toy Drive, etc
- Assist as directed to help with the smooth flow of food items during distribution
- Assist at any Care for Real location as needed.
- A self-directed person able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A person able to effectively coordinate, instruct and supervise volunteers.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, contracts and other applicable documents.
- Good time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Easily adapts to a variety people and responds in a professional manner
- Must possess valid Illinois Driver’s License with good driving record
- Sanitation Certificate or receipt of certificate 90 days after hire
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Care for Real’s Work Environment:
This position requires walking, standing, sitting and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs., and the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Care for Real is a smoke, drug and gun-free environment. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment decisions are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service, marital status, orders of protection, handicap, disability or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Please write Warehouse Associate in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls.