CARE FOR REAL WAREHOUSE COORDINATOR POSITION
Reports to: Director of Operations
Date: June 2020
The Warehouse Coordinator works as a team member to help maintain the pantry and warehouse ensuring food is properly handled, stock items are maintained and the Care for Real environment is clean and safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly inspect and clean the food pantry , warehouse and bathrooms and replenish needed stock.
- Continually review pantry and warehouse guidelines to ensure the environments meet compliance.
- Actively maintain inventory control and ensure pantry shelves are stocked
- Act as immediate contact to all donors arriving to drop off food and clothing donations. Provide donation receipts to donors and deliver copies to the appropriate person.
- Assist in organizing, scheduling, training, and supervising volunteers for pantry or warehouse work.
- Provide assistance with the pickup and delivery of food as needed.
- Communicate and remove any damage to or depletion of items from floor, cooler, or freezer areas.
- Check quality of food donated, repackage as needed.
- Prepare recycling and garbage; dispose as necessary.
- Follow and implement food safety and inventory protocols.
- Assist with managing and maintaining an effective pest control program
- Maintain the pantry according to health codes keeping the warehouse clean and organized; inform the appropriate people of any issues concerning compliance
- Assist in the cleaning, and inspection of equipment to ensure it is running efficiently and meets health requirements
- Participate in coordinating and work on all aspects of special food distributions and drives including EID Baskets, school supplies, Thanksgiving, Annual Toy Drive, etc.
- Assist as directed to help with the smooth flow of food item during distributions
- A self-directed person able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A person able to effectively coordinate, instruct and supervise volunteers.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, contracts and other applicable documents.
- Good time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines
- Easily adapts to a variety of people and responds in a professional manner
- Must possess valid Illinois Driver’s License with good driving record
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., stand for a long period of time and perform repetitive motions.
- Food Handler certificate or receipt of certificate 90 days after hire.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT CARE FOR REAL:
Care for Real provides food, clothing, and referral services to neighbors in the Edgewater, Uptown and Rogers Park communities. Through on-site food distribution, a free clothes closet, a pet pantry, and special distributions, more than 1,060 neighbors are served each week. During our last fiscal year, we distributed more than 1.51 million pounds of food. To learn more about who we are and how we serve please, see our website: https://careforreal.org