Planning For Your Visit to Care for Real
Who: Care for Real is open to anyone who is in need of food.
When & Where:
5339 N Sheridan Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9 am – 12 pm & Saturday 9 am – 1 pm
1545 W Morse Tuesday 12- 2 pm
What to Expect: You will be greeted outside by a volunteer wearing a mask and gloves. Guests will wait in line at least 6 feet apart outside.
What to Bring:
- We recommend dressing for the weather as the line will be outside.
- We try to give enough food to limit the need for frequent visits outside your home, so the use of a personal shopping cart can be helpful to assist in getting your groceries home.
- We are pre-packing items in plastic bags so there is no need to bring your own bags unless they are large enough to carry several smaller bags.
- Please wear a mask.
How We Keep Our Clients Safe
We are following recommendations from the Illinois Department of Health and the CDC to ensure your safety:
- Pre-packaged “grab and go” bags of food: this allows clients to receive food more quickly without needing to enter CfR.
- Social distancing: clients have enough room to space out at least 6 feet apart in line and do not enter the building to get food. We rearranged our workspace inside CfR to give volunteers and staff more distance between one another as well.
- Cleaning: our facility is professionally cleaned and sanitized after every food distribution (4 times a week).
- Health and Safety Practices: All staff and volunteers are provided with masks and gloves as well as access to handwashing stations and hand sanitizer.
- Food Supply: We are committed to keeping our shelves and coolers stocked to be able to provide all of our clients with an ample supply of groceries.