Office Administrative Assistant
Care for Real provides food, clothing, and referral services to neighbors in the Edgewater, Uptown and Rogers Park communities. Through on-site food distribution, a free clothes closet, a pet pantry and special distributions, more than 1,060 neighbors are served each week. During our last fiscal year, we distributed more than 1.51 million pounds of food. To learn more about who we are and how we serve please, see our website: https://careforreal.org
The Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining, continually updating, and when possible, improving the donor and volunteer databases. This position regularly and in a timely manner enters donor gifts, creates acknowledgments, and develops reports related to donor gifts. Additionally, this position provides administrative support for office operations, including maintaining the volunteer database, answering telephone calls, and supporting other projects as assigned that are essential to the Care for Real operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- The timely entry of all donations in the donor database and acknowledgment of donations
- Updating the donor and volunteer databases as needed to maintain the accuracy of information
- Prepare reports as requested for use in the analysis of donor gifts, gift history, key constituent information, and all related data to support Care for Real fundraising campaigns and advancement events
- Maintaining the in-kind master spreadsheet and other Excel documents required by the bookkeeper
- Creates standard and special reports as requested
- Supports the management of the photo library and photo archives
- Assists with donor and general communication via social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Assists in maintaining and updating the web site
- Answers the phone and delivers messages to the appropriate staff person
- Prepares regular mailings
- Provides data and administrative support as requested by the Development Director and Executive Director
- Provides assistance as needed for the overall office administration and operations of Care for Real
Additional responsibilities include:
- Efficiently manage multiple work assignments and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with the bookkeeper to ensure the accuracy of donor information in financial systems and reporting
- Ability to know when to ask questions or to clarify work processes and to anticipate hurdles and where to go for help
- Ability to problem solve and to document problems and resolutions
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate
- Advanced database experience and preferred fluency of donor/fundraising software
- Minimum of 3 years office related experience, preferably in a not-for-profit
- Advanced skills in Excel, including Pivot tables and analysis based reports
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Comfortable in working with multiple software programs and interfacing programs as needed
- Experience in managing social media accounts and working on websites
- Design and/or graphic experience preferred
- Good communication skills and comfort in working in a changing environment with a diverse group of people
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization preferred
- Bachelor Degree preferred
Care for Real’s Work Environment:
The Office Administrative Assistant will primarily work in a professional office environment that is accessible. This person will use standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers.
The Office Administrative Assistant will regularly be required to speak and listen and will often move throughout the office to interact with staff, volunteers and clients and perform other duties. In the course of regular duties, this person may be required to lift and/or move objects weighing 25 pounds.
Care for Real is a smoke, drug and gun-free environment. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment decisions are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service, marital status, orders of protection, handicap, disability or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Office Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls.