Warehouse & Distribution Manager
The Warehouse and Distributions Manager is responsible for all aspects of Care for Real’s warehouse and distribution operations. The Warehouse and Distributions Manager oversees the pickup, receipt, storage, and distribution of food, clothes and other essential items for community members in need. The Warehouse and Distributions Manager trains and manages staff and volunteers to ensure that daily client needs are met while embracing Care for Real’s core value to serve those in need with kindness and compassion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Director of Operations, manage all aspects of food inventory procurement, controls, and distribution at all Care for Real locations
- Maintain adequate food supply to provide the best quality food at all distribution sites
- Assist in ordering and receiving food; validate invoices from food bank
- Pickup, receive, and record food donations
- Stock warehouse and ensure all food is sorted and stored in a safe and sanitary manner
- Inventory food regularly and provide required food bank reports
- Work with area food stores to schedule food pick-ups
- Utilize FIFO (first in, first out) inventory practices to ensure food quality and minimize waste
- Organize and oversee food, pet and closet distribution process with help of other warehouse staff and volunteers
- Orient volunteers to food available and tasks to be done to prepare for food distributions
- Manage client entry/exit from pantry/closet with the help of other warehouse staff and volunteers
- Organize packing for monthly and weekly distributions at all locations
- Oversee food pantry and closet safety policies and procedures
- Actively participate in special distributions and events as requested
- Train, motivate, supervise, and evaluate paid warehouse, pantry and closet staff and volunteers
- Schedule warehouse, pantry and closet staff and volunteers to ensure consistent, adequate support for operations
- Maintain a clean, well-ordered warehouse, clothes closet and general Care for Real properties
- Perform minor facility maintenance
- Drive the Care for Real vans for regular and special pickup and deliveries
- Ensure all equipment – vans, refrigerator, freezers, pallet jacks – and facility stay in good working order; schedule maintenance/repairs as needed with Director of Operations
- 5+ Years Supervisory and Operations experience required (warehouse preferred).
- Strong communication and leadership skills – position requires ability to interact and communicate with staff, volunteers, and community (pantry clients and donors).
- Knowledge of warehouse safety, storage practices, and inventory management required
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Strong organization and time management skills required
- Able to work as a collaborative team member in delivering customer service
- Certified in food handling safety standards desired (will provide training if needed)
- Must to able to safely operate Care for Real vans
- Able to work in a fast-paced and growing organization
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Multi-lingual preferred
Care for Real’s Work Environment:
This position requires walking, standing, sitting and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs., and the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Care for Real is a smoke, drug and gun-free environment. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment decisions are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service, marital status, orders of protection, handicap, disability or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write Warehouse & Distributions Manager in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls.