Bilingual (Spanish) Program Associate
The Program Associate works closely with the Director of Community Engagement & Office Administration to build relationships both clients and volunteers in Rogers Park. This position assists with management of volunteers and client relations. Additionally, this position provides supports for other Care for Real projects as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
· Developing relationships with clients by providing direct support during distribution and serving as a first point of contact
· Actively engaging with clients to listen to ideas for providing better services that can be shared with Director of Community Engagement & Office Administration and Operations team
· Assisting with responding quickly to all inquiries from potential volunteers in the most personal manner possible, referring the candidate to the Volunteer Application on Care for Real’s website
· Coordinating with Director to introduce new volunteers to other team members, to supervisors, to the Care for Real office, pantry and warehouse space and to specifics of reporting their time and notifying appropriate personnel when they cannot work
· With the director, overseeing the accuracy of the volunteer database and analyze how volunteers’ skills can be utilized throughout Care for Real
· Working with Director to communicate with Care for Real staff to identify projects, tasks, or on-going work that volunteers can perform; coordinate with the staff member for the assignment to assure that the volunteer is appropriately supervised and supported
· When necessary informing the appropriate staff members if issues arise with a volunteer and seek assistance if a volunteer is disruptive
· Provides other support as requested by the Director of Community Engagement & Office Administration and Executive Director
· Provides assistance as needed for the overall operations of Care for Real
Additional responsibilities include:
· Efficiently manage multiple work assignments and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to know when to ask questions or to clarify work processes and to anticipate hurdles and where to go for help
· Ability to problem solve and to document problems and resolutions
· Ability to take initiative when appropriate
· Good communication skills and comfort in working in a changing environment with a diverse group of people
· Bilingual in Spanish
· Excellent organization and team coordination abilities
· Able to work weekends and evenings as needed
· Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects and responsibilities
· Experience working in a not-for-profit organization preferred
· Bachelor Degree preferred
Care for Real’s Environment
Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Care for Real is a smoke, drug and gun-free environment. We are proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment decisions are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service, marital status, orders of protection, handicap, disability or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Please write Bilingual Program Associate in the subject line of your e-mail. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls.