Care for Real Development/Communications Associate
Reporting to the Development Director, this position provides administrative and creative support for office operations, annual fundraising efforts and special events, donor database management and development of promotional materials.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the Development Director and Executive Director in their work
- Manage the donor database including entry and analysis of all donor gifts and key constituent information; submission for and management of corporate matching gifts, and pledge tracking.
- Provide support for special events and fundraising efforts including logistics, volunteer recruitment, preparation of promotional materials, etc.
- Develop internal and external communications materials including e-newsletters, brochures, posters, etc.
- Manage website and social media including Twitter and Instagram
- Coordinate direct mail and digital appeals
- Complete new projects as assigned and take the initiative to further Care for Real’s overall success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer and graphic skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Database knowledge and experience; familiarity with donor management software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work evening and weekends, scheduled in advance, in support of benefits as needed
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple work assignments and to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ask questions, anticipate hurdles and solve practical problems independently
- Ability to take initiative as well as direction
Starting Salary: Mid-high 20’s. Benefits include vacation and sick time. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30, 2017.
No phone calls, please.
Care for Real is an equal opportunity employer.