Chicago Spirit Brigade selects CFR as Edgefest beneficiary, August 5 & 6
Come see the Chicago Spirit Brigade at EdgeFest! These fantastic supporters of Care for Real will have four performances with two on Saturday, August 5th, and two on Sunday, August 6th!
That’s right, FOUR chances to see your favorite CSB Stars!! Be sure to spot the red buckets to make your charitable donation! 125% of what CSB raises at these 4 performances will go to Care for Real! And we’ve found a matching donor to help extend the $$ raised at the events.
Location: on Broadway from Thorndale to Ardmore
Saturday, August 5th
1:30p – North Stage
3:30p – South Stage
Sunday, August 6th
3:00 – South Stage
4:30 – North Stage
EBGA SPRING GARDEN PARTY, May 13 at The Breakers!
Join us for food, drink, entertainment and more at the Edgewater Beach Gardeners Association SPRING GARDEN PARTY, Saturday, May 13, 4:00pm-6:00pm at The Breakers.
A portion of the proceeds benefit Care for Real.
Last year, the EBGA donated hundreds of lbs. of fresh, locally grown produce to Care for Real reaching so many of our neighbors in need. We are very grateful for the generous support!
See you May 13!
Halsted Street Pub Crawl Benefits Care for Real, December 10
Join us Saturday, December 10 for the North Halsted Pub Crawl sponsored by North End and Revolution Brewing. For just $20, you will receive a shirt for the crawl, glasses, lanyards, keychains, swag and a “passport” that will allow you to sample delicious tastings of Revolution beers at North End, Bobby Love’s, F.O. Mahony’s, Cell Block and Charlie’s. At the end of the crawl, all ticket buyers who have their passport marked from every bar will receive a Revolution Holiday Kozie as a bonus. Great raffle prizes also available (raffle tickets available below). Registration begins at 1:00pm on the day of the event at North End, 3733 N. Halsted and the Pub Crawl will begin at 2:00pm. All proceeds benefit Care for Real!
Purchase tickets and raffle tickets in advance by visiting Event Brite online at:
Support Care for Real on #GivingTuesday, November 29
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Care for Real will be participating in the national campaign, Tuesday, November 29, 2016. Please consider making a donation online at www.careforreal.org/donate.
Care for Real seeking Director of Development
An anonymous donor wants to help Care for Real grow and has given us a restricted grant to hire a development director! Job Description and “how to apply” follows:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for Care for Real and is responsible for the development and execution of Care for Real’s short and long term fundraising and communications activities.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan that maximizes revenue from corporations, direct marketing, events, foundations and individuals.
- Oversee communications including marketing materials, website and social media as well as all fundraising communications.
- Implement a donor retention and recognition program.
- Identify and secure new donors for the organization.
- Actively solicit major gifts from donors including writing proposals and making direct asks.
- Seek out grant opportunities and manage the grant application process.
- Provide excellent stewardship to existing corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee providing professional support including prospecting, reporting and training.
- Oversee donor data base management and maintenance, execution and tracking of donor agreements, tax receipting and processing of gifts
- Manage the administrative functions of the development department including budgeting, revenue forecasts, policies and procedures, donor agreements and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Supervise the Development and Communications Associate.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrated record of success in raising funds from foundations, individuals and corporations utilizing multiple revenue streams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of all forms of marketing communications with an emphasis on social media.
- A track record of securing foundation, corporation and government grants.
- Understanding of donor database management.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors in a fundraising capacity.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a broad spectrum of individuals, including staff, volunteers, donors, prospects and management
- Commitment to the mission of Care for Real.
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable based on experience.
Ability to work occasionally from home.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org before December 8, 2016.
No phone calls, please. Care for Real is an equal opportunity employer.
Chicago Market Thanksgiving Pop-Up Shop
Join Care for Real for Chicago Market Co-Op’s Thanksgiving Pop-Up Shop!
From 2:30pm – 5:30pm on Saturday, November 19 at Wilson Abbey, 935 W Wilson Ave, vendors will have kinds of delicious produce and meat to make your Thanksgiving celebration special, from fresh bread to locally grown greens.
Care for Real will be joining these vendors and will be collecting donations and distributing information. So stop by! Entry is free but an RSVP is required.Check out all the vendors and RSVP at http://www.chicagomarket.coop/events
Uncommon Ground Fundraiser
1401 W Devon Ave, Chicago, IL 60660
Friday, November 4th – Sunday, November 13th
Featuring a $35 3-course Care for Real prix-fixe menu in which $5 from each will be donated to Care for Real! Reservations can be made by calling 773-465-9801. See you there!
Thank you Chi-Town Jazz Festival and Founder John Moulder!
We are so grateful to John Moulder and the Chi-Town Jazz Festival for your generous support of Care for Real. It’s an honor to be a beneficiary of the festival. Your contribution will help us continue to provide the highest level of free programs and services to our neighbors in need.
Chicago Uptown Lions Club supports CFR Annual School Drive
Care for Real sends out a big thanks to President Tim and all our friends and supporters at Chicago Uptown Lions Club for collecting over $500 to help us with our Annual School Drive. Executive Director, Lyle Allen, joined the group at their monthly meeting at Francesca’s Bryn Mawr where they presented us with their generous contribution!
Save the Date: ACT hosts Annual Shred Event, Sept. 17
The ACT Group will host their Annual Shred Event and Care for Real Fundraiser on Saturday, September 17, 9:00am-12noon. More info coming soon!
Care for Real launches Annual School Drive
Care for Real annually distributes 850 backpacks to ensure every kid starts the school year off on the right foot. You can also help by making a donation online at www.careforreal.org/donate where your contribution goes even further.
A Community Comes Together with Love: Care for Real Distributes Special Baskets for Eid
July 6, 2016 is Eid al-Fitr, the “festival of the breaking of the fast” and celebrates the end of the holy month of Ramadan for Muslims worldwide. It is marked by generosity and hospitality. But for those of limited resources, Eid can be a bittersweet time for they don’t have the ability to buy – and share – the foods that are traditional for the holiday.
For the 15th year, Care for Real, Edgewater’s food pantry and one of the largest pantries in the Chicago area, will celebrate Eid by distributing special food baskets to its Muslim clients on Thursday, June 30. Some 80 families are expected to receive baskets of halal meats, flour, sugar, vegetable and canola oil, milk, couscous, yogurt, honey, walnuts, sliced almonds, dates, pine nuts and fresh fruits and vegetables this year.
“At Care for Real, we want to provide our clients with more than the basics, to help them celebrate those events that are important to them,” explained Lyle Allen, executive director. “The Eid distribution is a wonderful coming together of Care for Real and the Muslim community that is so rich a part of our neighborhood. In these divisive times, we think this is more important than ever.”
Call Bar hosts CFR fundraiser, June 18, 9:30pm
Ashley Morgan presents ‘Queen’s Choice – A Drag Review’ benefiting Care For Real.
When: Saturday June 18th. Seating 9:30, show to follow
Where: The Call in Andersonville
Join Ashley and The Call Girls for a night of theatrical drag entertainment! The cast will be performing numbers suggested by their fellow cast members. You’re not gonna want to miss this!!
Your donation at the door goes completely to Care For Real along with the proceeds of the shots sold during the show by our shot seller!!
So come out to The Call, help us raise funds for a WONDERFUL cause, enjoy a GREAT show, and then dance the night away on Andersonville’s LARGEST dance floor!