Bombas donates 1,000 pairs of socks!
Thank you Bombas for the awesome donation – over 1,000 pairs of socks! And just in time for kids returning to school. Care for Real is now distributing more than 11,000 articles of clothing and personal care items every month thru our clothing closet.
Chicago Spirit Brigade selects CFR as Edgefest beneficiary, August 5 & 6
Come see the Chicago Spirit Brigade at EdgeFest! These fantastic supporters of Care for Real will have four performances with two on Saturday, August 5th, and two on Sunday, August 6th!
That’s right, FOUR chances to see your favorite CSB Stars!! Be sure to spot the red buckets to make your charitable donation! 125% of what CSB raises at these 4 performances will go to Care for Real! And we’ve found a matching donor to help extend the $$ raised at the events.
Location: on Broadway from Thorndale to Ardmore
Saturday, August 5th
1:30p – North Stage
3:30p – South Stage
Sunday, August 6th
3:00 – South Stage
4:30 – North Stage
EBGA SPRING GARDEN PARTY, May 13 at The Breakers!
Join us for food, drink, entertainment and more at the Edgewater Beach Gardeners Association SPRING GARDEN PARTY, Saturday, May 13, 4:00pm-6:00pm at The Breakers.
A portion of the proceeds benefit Care for Real.
Last year, the EBGA donated hundreds of lbs. of fresh, locally grown produce to Care for Real reaching so many of our neighbors in need. We are very grateful for the generous support!
See you May 13!
Halsted Street Pub Crawl Benefits Care for Real, December 10
Join us Saturday, December 10 for the North Halsted Pub Crawl sponsored by North End and Revolution Brewing. For just $20, you will receive a shirt for the crawl, glasses, lanyards, keychains, swag and a “passport” that will allow you to sample delicious tastings of Revolution beers at North End, Bobby Love’s, F.O. Mahony’s, Cell Block and Charlie’s. At the end of the crawl, all ticket buyers who have their passport marked from every bar will receive a Revolution Holiday Kozie as a bonus. Great raffle prizes also available (raffle tickets available below). Registration begins at 1:00pm on the day of the event at North End, 3733 N. Halsted and the Pub Crawl will begin at 2:00pm. All proceeds benefit Care for Real!
Purchase tickets and raffle tickets in advance by visiting Event Brite online at:
Support Care for Real on #GivingTuesday, November 29
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Care for Real will be participating in the national campaign, Tuesday, November 29, 2016. Please consider making a donation online at www.careforreal.org/donate.
Care for Real seeking Director of Development
An anonymous donor wants to help Care for Real grow and has given us a restricted grant to hire a development director! Job Description and “how to apply” follows:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for Care for Real and is responsible for the development and execution of Care for Real’s short and long term fundraising and communications activities.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan that maximizes revenue from corporations, direct marketing, events, foundations and individuals.
- Oversee communications including marketing materials, website and social media as well as all fundraising communications.
- Implement a donor retention and recognition program.
- Identify and secure new donors for the organization.
- Actively solicit major gifts from donors including writing proposals and making direct asks.
- Seek out grant opportunities and manage the grant application process.
- Provide excellent stewardship to existing corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee providing professional support including prospecting, reporting and training.
- Oversee donor data base management and maintenance, execution and tracking of donor agreements, tax receipting and processing of gifts
- Manage the administrative functions of the development department including budgeting, revenue forecasts, policies and procedures, donor agreements and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Supervise the Development and Communications Associate.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrated record of success in raising funds from foundations, individuals and corporations utilizing multiple revenue streams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of all forms of marketing communications with an emphasis on social media.
- A track record of securing foundation, corporation and government grants.
- Understanding of donor database management.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors in a fundraising capacity.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a broad spectrum of individuals, including staff, volunteers, donors, prospects and management
- Commitment to the mission of Care for Real.
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable based on experience.
Ability to work occasionally from home.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org before December 8, 2016.
No phone calls, please. Care for Real is an equal opportunity employer.
Chicago Market Thanksgiving Pop-Up Shop
Join Care for Real for Chicago Market Co-Op’s Thanksgiving Pop-Up Shop!
From 2:30pm – 5:30pm on Saturday, November 19 at Wilson Abbey, 935 W Wilson Ave, vendors will have kinds of delicious produce and meat to make your Thanksgiving celebration special, from fresh bread to locally grown greens.
Care for Real will be joining these vendors and will be collecting donations and distributing information. So stop by! Entry is free but an RSVP is required.Check out all the vendors and RSVP at http://www.chicagomarket.coop/events
Uncommon Ground Fundraiser
1401 W Devon Ave, Chicago, IL 60660
Friday, November 4th – Sunday, November 13th
Featuring a $35 3-course Care for Real prix-fixe menu in which $5 from each will be donated to Care for Real! Reservations can be made by calling 773-465-9801. See you there!