Care for Real seeking Director of Development
An anonymous donor wants to help Care for Real grow and has given us a restricted grant to hire a development director! Job Description and “how to apply” follows:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for Care for Real and is responsible for the development and execution of Care for Real’s short and long term fundraising and communications activities.
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan that maximizes revenue from corporations, direct marketing, events, foundations and individuals.
- Oversee communications including marketing materials, website and social media as well as all fundraising communications.
- Implement a donor retention and recognition program.
- Identify and secure new donors for the organization.
- Actively solicit major gifts from donors including writing proposals and making direct asks.
- Seek out grant opportunities and manage the grant application process.
- Provide excellent stewardship to existing corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee providing professional support including prospecting, reporting and training.
- Oversee donor data base management and maintenance, execution and tracking of donor agreements, tax receipting and processing of gifts
- Manage the administrative functions of the development department including budgeting, revenue forecasts, policies and procedures, donor agreements and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Supervise the Development and Communications Associate.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrated record of success in raising funds from foundations, individuals and corporations utilizing multiple revenue streams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An understanding of all forms of marketing communications with an emphasis on social media.
- A track record of securing foundation, corporation and government grants.
- Understanding of donor database management.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors in a fundraising capacity.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a broad spectrum of individuals, including staff, volunteers, donors, prospects and management
- Commitment to the mission of Care for Real.